Violence in our workplaces is a growing reality and one requiring our increased attention. OSHA cites an estimated 2 million workers in the U.S. who report being victims of workplace violence each year, with many more going unreported. And, unfortunately, acts of extreme violence, such as active shooter, are also on the rise, with the FBI reporting a three-fold increase between the years 2009 and 2016.
This webinar will present some foundational concepts related to the general awareness and prevention of workplace violence, as well as how to respond if an act of extreme violence were to occur in the workplace. Attendees will be presented with:
- A working definition of workplace violence
- Two questions that can sharpen their awareness to potential workplace violence
- How to respond to concerning behavior
- How domestic violence (sometimes called intimate partner violence) can impact the workplace, and
- The response options available if caught inside an act of extreme violence