REPORTING AN INCIDENT
Remember all claims are unique and always call your ERNwest Claims Manager so they are aware and can guide you through the process. If you don’t know your claims manager, please Contact Us or Find Your Claims Manager. If you are not a current client, please contact us to learn more.
Send completed incident reports to ERNwest at:
Work restrictions? Please contact your ERNwest Claims Manager or Group Manager for a specific Return to Work form.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
When to Call Labor and Industries:
- Death, probable death, or in-patient hospitalizations
- Note: Employers must report to L&I the death or in-patient hospitalization of any employee (within 8 hours) and any non-hospitalized amputation or loss of eye (within 24 hours) due to an on-the-job injury by calling 1-800-423-7233.
- If you have any indication that a claim might be re-opened please call your ERNwest claims manager.
HOW WE CAN HELP
These are just some of the questions your ERNwest team can help you answer. Please contact your claims manager for more information.
- What if my employee was injured on the job and did not return to work?
- What do I do if my employee has restrictions?
- What if the witness statement does not match the incident report, or there are red flags on the claim?
- Why should I avoid having Labor and Industries pay Time Loss?
- What if my employee sustained a work-related injury that did not allow them to come back to their job immediately? What is a reasonable time to expect them back and what do I do?
- When should I KOS (Kept on Salary)? Is it always beneficial to do so?