WHO WE ARE
ERNwest specializes in Washington Workers’ Compensation. Whether you are looking for a Retrospective Rating program (Retro), or just need help, we are here for you. For nearly 20 years ERNwest has been helping employers like you save money, time, and frustration on their Workers’ Compensation program and have earned a reputation as one of the most effective and knowledgeable companies in the state. On average, we have helped the employers we work with save 30% on their Workers’ Compensation costs.
Our highly experienced and trained staff works as a team getting to know your business, which allows us to provide you with guidance and advice that is right for your company
I am new to handling claims for my company. Thank you for your help and training; my claims manager is so patient with me!
You have minimized the time I have to spend to resolve workers’ compensation issues; I appreciate that very much.”
I am very pleased with my claims manager’s professionalism, timeliness, and aggressiveness.
- Providing great customer service
- Saving Washington employers money on their Workers’ Compensation
- Supporting bringing injured workers back to work
- Providing the right information so you can run your business more effectively
- Works with more than 4,000 Washington State employers
- Has three office locations (Tacoma, Olympia, and Spokane)
- Manages approximately $170 million in annual Workers’ Compensation premium
- Provides group management services for seven Retrospective Rating groups and 10 individual companies
Originally conceived as the Workers’ Compensation Services (WCS) division of Whittall Management Group (WMG) in 1996, ERNwest was formed in response to Washington State employers’ frustration with the state’s Workers’ Compensation system. In 2004, ERNwest’s founder John Meier and his wife Erika acquired the company. ERNwest’s success is the result of the company’s collective knowledge of how to help employers implement and maintain a Workers’ Compensation program that is successful in Washington’s unique Workers’ Compensation environment. Since its start in 1996, ERNwest has grown from working with a few individual companies to working with some of the state’s largest group Retrospective Rating programs.